Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Good suggestions Doris. Glad you made it.

To Recap the suggestions:

Recipes
    General Cookware Questions
    Fakes, fantasy and reproductions
    Griswold Topic
    Wagner Topic
    Cleaning Vintage Cookware Clack iron, Aluminum then a category for LYE Electro self cleaning ovens
    Classifieds

We need links to Upcoming events for Chapters and Convention as new information is updated--it would make easy access.

Not here, but on home page, should there also be a link to FB group? We had one before--maybe it would be more appropriate on our forum page????

There is a link on the forum pages at the top right hand corner. I will place one on the home page too. If you click on the tab at the top called "Conventions and Chapters" a drop box will drop down then click on 'Events." Is this what you mean?

I realize this is a work in progress. Hopefully EJ can recover the recipes from the old forum. John Belden had posted many recipes there and that was his only record to refer to. He'd love to have access to them again. Of course he will be sure to print them this time. ☺

Will we have a Pup Page again? Will it be open to the public? Or available only to registered members? Will there be a separate section on the forum to discuss pups? (As you can guess, I am a pup paperweight collector). I am referring to the pups that are the same mold design as the infamous Griswold Pup (unmarked and those with advertising).

How about an open topic where we can wish happy birthdays, talk about a fishing trip or vacation. Something where we can talk to our friends or new members. But say something about no politics, etc. so it stays civil.

Audrey where these the recipes you were looking for or are there others?

Click Here....http://www.gcica.org/recipes/

Re: Suggest your forum topics here.

I think this type of info should be a permanent reference page with links to each topic on the home page.

When we pack up for a Convention it is always difficult picking items to bring for sale at the swap meet. Of course the rarest items are always in the load, but what about that item that is only moderately hunted? I may be all wet on this, but if I were looking for a particular item at the convention it is only by chance that someone would bring one for sale. If we had a topic here that we could post our desired pieces we will be looking for at the Convention. it would increase the possibility that someone would add that piece to their load for the swap meet or room sales. When was the last time anyone sold a common item at the convention? We need to change that.

Eric Before I selected V-Bulletin I polled some of the members and board members of things wanted on the new site, this is what I received: Every topic on our old site as well as the following new items: Library where we can archive some of the paperwork, old adds, articles etc that we have in boxes, a list of Commemorative s by Year, a suggestion box which we obviously already have, an area for Regional Chapter news, putting the Pan Handler on line for those that want it, which would save money on postage, a photo gallery, And a suggestion to put a weather link for the current convention site each year so people know how to dress. This was the input I received.

Diane, I think that was Diane, all that stuff is great. It just needs to be added in a timely manner by the people who have such items. This really seems to be the problem. No participation. With no people participating I am afraid all of this work will be a waste of time unless this is just a record keeping sight and not a forum which that is okay if that is what everybody wants. There is 139 people signed up on this website. Fewer than ten have made a post.

Jeff what if we modify this description to include wants?

http://www.gcica.org/forum/forumdisp...tion-Inventory

Ej

Eric, Gary Taylor is listed twice in the membership list.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast