Griswold 666 new / never used with original label still attached.

We're new to cast iron collecting (started this year). We typically clean, season and use what we find. We ran across this Griswold Colonial Breakfast Skillet, and it was the first time that we've seen a Griswold with the original label attached. So, we purchased it, and now we're not sure what we'll do with it. Is there collectors that keep pieces like this? If so, what would be a fair price for it?

This is my first post, so hopefully the attachments show up.
    Thanks
    Attachments Attachments     

Re: Griswold 666 new / never used with original label still attached.

I am not sure of the price with a label affixed but without it and in good condition you can expect 50.00 to 80.00 on Ebay. I have seen other items with the labels not bring very much more except this one #14 skillet that had the label and the original box which went for top dollar.

Re: Griswold 666 new / never used with original label still attached.

Hey Ej,

Appreciate the information. We paid $52.05 for it. So, if being un-used with the label doesn't add value for someone collecting, we'll hang on to it, possibly clean it up and put it to use. Because you know that it is "Just the thing for preparing that after-theatre snack". I don't know why, but I smile every time I read that.

Again thanks for the info.