Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Board topics

Re: Board topics

The Vintage Cast Iron Gallery has been created. Please click on the "gallery" link in the navigation bar on top. Please read the sticky.

Ej, can you make another category under Cast Iron Manufacturers that is for Marked Misc. Cast Iron.
    or something to that effect.

I had 2 posts that I put in unmarked cast iron because there wasn't a good heading for misc. marked items.

Thanks....Mark

Mark maybe we just add the manufacturer? Who were they?

One was a Wood, Bishop & Co Skillet and the other was a Handlan Oil Lamp with a cast iron base.

These are kind of odd balls and I don't think they would be worthy of topic header of there own.

I was thinking more of a catch all for obsolete manufacturers kind of like the unmarked topic header.

Suggested Manufacturers from Maine, Portland Stove Foundry, Wood Bishop Co, Noyes and Nutter.. Might be a good Idea to lump them in a State Format For the lesser demand foundries.

The State Format is a good idea Jeff.

Yes good idea.

How about having questions/info on various foundries listed as subtopics under The State Location? We could drill down from a main topic: Foundries/ State/ Portland Stove /Wood Bishop/Noyes & nutter. This would get the large number of topics, away from being listed on a single page under "Foundries Am I making myself clear?

I think the WAGS forum has a foundry section in the members only section. I'm not a WAGS member so I don't know for certain.

I think a foundries section would be a good thing, maybe have a sub-topic header where some of the patent PDFs or JPEGs could be posted in one area too.

Okay guy having all the topics in the world isn't a good thing unless we get information in the ones we now have.

I like the idea of a show and tell topic, but I think we should be able to express our opinions on the piece presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hobbs View Post
    I would like to have a "Show and Tell" board. Just for people who would like to post pictures of their collection or items they have. No conversation or discussion would be included in this board. Moderators would need to delete any conversation or discussion.
    A show and tell would be great and I would like to see the "shower" (posting person) be able to tell about the piece with some text. There would not have to be any discussion after that but showing just photo without a caption or story is leaving out a major part.

13. Likes Mark Goldschmidt likes this post.

The Vintage iron gallery is suppose to work the same way as WAGS eye candy topic does with no replies. It is also meant for more of the uncommon pieces. Describing the item would be a good thing if possible.

My concern with the gallery is it only has the one link at the top of the page and that link may be overlooked by a lot of people.

If I click on one of the pictures in the gallery it just takes me to a blank gray page. If the pictures could link back to
    the persons gallery post that would have people viewing the post and checking out other pictures that most posters upload.

Never mind about my last post about the lonely link I see the gallery listing farther down in the topics section.

Linking the pictures to the post would still be cool though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast