Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Board topics

Board topics

I would like to see a board dedicated to "Nothing but GRISWOLD (questions and answers)".

What I think would be fabulous would be to have a Board set up for all questions and information on all other brands of cast iron (other than Griswold if we set it up as it's own "major" board) and to be able to "tag it" with a brand that would slot it under the Foundry information for easy research in the future.

Mike do you mean "Topic?" If I understand you correctly you want the post made up under a general cast iron topic to also appear in the proper foundry topic? If that is correct then it is not possible with this forum software.

Yes, that was my thought. What would be the next best thing for someone wanting to do research on a particular brand every post about that brand would show up?

There could be more specific brand topics.

If they could be like sub-topics of a main "Other Brands" topic that would be ok. At least it would give a little more organization to the information.

That could be done. How about putting the 3 big ones-Griswold-Lodge-Wagner and the rest under subtopic. I make one up and show you. Thanks for helping.

For those that are just starting to read this forum please know the topics listed on the main page are just suggestion. To show you what is possible and how it looks. Nothing is set in stone but of course I will need to hear from you in order to firm up these topics very soon.

Should there be a manufacturer section for "Birmingham Stove & Range and Other Unmarked Pieces"? It would be a good dumping ground
    for all the unmarked pieces questions.

10. Likes Ej Bogusch likes this post.
    Sounds like a great idea Mark, wveseen a lot of those typepost on facebook, that quickly fade into the sunset, here they would be permanent.

12. Likes Ej Bogusch likes this post.
    Mark Still need to add some more manufactures. Good idea making a unknown section.

Like Randy said there is a boat load of questions asking "Who made this piece? It doesn't have a name".
    At least we can confine them to one area. LOL.
    Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of those old unmarked pieces too.

15. Likes Ej Bogusch likes this post.
    A suggestion on the recipes board....you might want to consider NOT letting members post there directly. But rather have members post to the "what's for dinner" board and a moderator can move the recipes over. That will keep a clean "cookbook" if you will, without all of the "chatter" that will naturally occur.

17. Likes Mark Goldschmidt, Ej Bogusch likes this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Goldschmidt View Post
    Like Randy said there is a boat load of questions asking "Who made this piece? It doesn't have a name".
    At least we can confine them to one area. LOL.
    Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of those old unmarked pieces too.

Great idea, Mark.

I would like to have a "Show and Tell" board. Just for people who would like to post pictures of their collection or items they have. No conversation or discussion would be included in this board. Moderators would need to delete any conversation or discussion.

20. Likes Jeff Nicholas likes this post.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast